Recipe: Doggie Meatloaf / Meatballs
If you’re looking for a quick n’easy recipe for a high-value treat to use with your reactive dog, look no further!
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (can sub milk)
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed saltine crackers (can sub bread crumbs, Panko)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef, turkey, chicken, or pork
- If you want to get really fancy, shred some old cheddar and add about 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 400•F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (meatballs) or lightly grease a bread pan with canola oil (meatloaf)
- Mix all ingredients well using hands to pinch and mix rather than knead
- Form into small meatballs or press mixture into bread pan
- Bake meatballs for 25min at 400•F | bake meatloaf for 40min at 400•F *
- Cool on a rack to let the excess fat drain off
- When cool, portion and seal in sandwich bags and freeze for up to 2mo
- These will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days max!
*Cooking times may vary based on the equipment you use. Watch carefully!
Beef, pork, veal, and lamb should have a minimum internal temperature of 160ºF.
Chicken and turkey should have a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF.
Please practice safe-food handling and wash hands well.