Want to take your dog from reactive to relaxed on walks?
Does your dog bark and lunge at the end of the leash? Are you tired of getting judgemental looks on the street?
Let me help you get your dog from barking and lunging to calm and collected.
Cranky Canine™ is a tried and true program (Est. 2011) that targets leash-reactivity in dogs. We use science-based methods and humane techniques to get results.
Doors are closed but you can get on the waitlist and be the first to join the next round!
Do you dread walks with your dog?
Is your dog barking, lunging, and snarking at dogs or people when you're out for walks?
Leash-reactivity is embarrassing, frustrating, and oftentimes even dangerous. You've tried corrections, training a "heel", various collars and tools, treats, and training programs that focus on "obedience".
So far, nothing has worked to change your dog's emotional outbursts. Am I right?
You're mentally and emotionally exhausted thanks to conflicting advice from well-intentioned strangers, family, friends, social media groups, the internet, and even professionals. How do you know what's right and what's wrong?
YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
Cranky Canine™ is an online group coaching program for people just like you, who are suffering through embarrassing and stressful walks with dogs bark and snark at people or dogs.
The program is taught through video lessons, worksheets, daily support in our community, and weekly group coaching calls with Q&A.
This program is far more cost-effective than private lessons and you get tons of individual attention so that you can make progress at your dog's pace.
- Learn why nothing you've tried has worked thus far
- Read your dog's subtle cues and body language so you can better predict their behaviour
- Find some quick management fixes to prevent the majority of outbursts
- Learn about chronic stress and the effects on our dog's behaviour and ability to learn
- Teach your dog that great things happen when they spot a trigger
- Work at your dog's pace and make actual progress that sticks
- Teach your dog to disengage from triggers and pay attention to you
- Teach your dog reliable behaviours while walking politely on leash
- Help your dog recover from setback much faster
- Strengthen your bond through positive reinforcement training
What our graduates have to say:
Amy & "Laguna"
"I have been working with Caryn and The Centre for Canine Education for almost a year now and she has changed mine and my pup's life! I adopted my pup a year ago and had never had a dog before.
I had used 3-4 trainers before finding Caryn as I was not getting the results I was looking for. Since working with Caryn, I have a dog that will now walk with a loose leash, can comfortably pass pedestrians on the sidewalk as well as bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, and more!
I 100% recommend TCCE for training methods based that are based on education and what is best for your dog, physically, mentally, and emotionally."
Chelsea & "Harlow"
"We have been working with Caryn at TCCE for a year from when we first brought Harlow, our 2-month-old puppy home to now, when he is a full-fledged adolescent! We've done everything from the basic puppy program to her webinars to now we are doing the Cranky Canine program, as we work on Harlow's leash reactivity.
I cannot say enough good things about Caryn and her team. She is honest, super smart, funny, and compassionate. She gives us the confidence we need as first-time dog owners to navigate the ups and downs of having a dog.
I would highly recommend Caryn and her team for anyone looking for some training guidance. We 💜 Caryn and The Centre for Canine Education!"
Shama & "Sienna"
"The Cranky Canine Program was an absolute necessity for me and my cranky adopted dog, Sienna.
The most important things the course did for us were that it helped me build my bond with my dog, it taught me how better read her body language, and assured me that I wasn't alone and that there was a community of people and a catalogue of valuable resources that I could continue to refer to in our ongoing learning.
Mostly I'm just happy to know that she is clearly a happier pup than the stressed out girl that arrived at my home in Aug 2020. I would wholeheartedly recommend TCCE to all dog owners."
You're in the right place if:
- your dog is growling, barking, lunging, snapping at people and/or dogs on walks
- you're worried that they're going to bite
- you're tired of advice that doesn't work
- you've tried corrections and different collars but haven't seen improvement
- you've hired a trainer and all you've done is work on "obedience" like "heel" or "leave it"
- you’re anxious about your walk before you even leave the house
- you've been told to "be more alpha" and have no idea what that even means
- you are desperate to be able to walk your dog without all the chaos
You're in the wrong place if:
- you don't care that your dog is likely chronically stressed - you just want to STOP the bad behaviour immediately
- you'd rather keep trying all the products on the market that claim to have a quick fix
- you think you need an in-person trainer to hold the leash and see what happens on a walk
- you'd rather train your dog to be "obedient", knowing that obedience has nothing to do with their emotional state
- you'd rather punish your dog with an aversive collar to suppress the barking and lunging
- you aren't willing to put in the time and work to build your dog's confidence around triggers
By the end of the Cranky Canine™ program, you will have:
- a clear understanding your your dog and their behaviour
- the ability to read your dog's subtle body language and more accurately predict their behaviour
- the skills to be able to change how your dog feels about triggers
- taken a few steps towards peaceful walks
- the confidence to keep going with a clear plan in place
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long will training take?
How long do I have access to the material?
Are you going to sell me more gimmicks?
Can I share my login with friends?
What are your qualifications?
Do you offer a guarantee?
When can I start?
Do you have reservations about online learning for this behaviour challenge?
Listen, I've been doing this a long time and one of my super-skills is listening to people, not just dogs.
I know what it's like to adopt a dog and feel like I'm in over my head with an overwhelming behaviour challenge like reactivity or aggression and feel anxious about it, myself!
I also know what it's like to feel inundated with advice from many different sources and struggle to know what is going to work and what is totally bogus and outdated.
My job is to save you time hunting and pecking for bits and pieces of information that may or may not work, to provide you with science-based information vs. pseudo-science, and to help you succeed.
When you join Cranky Canine™ you get the support you need.
You'll be walked through the program, one module at a time so that you have a specific focus for each week. We meet weekly for LIVE Coaching Calls and Q&As!
The Community is active and open 24/7; you get dedicated support from me, Monday-to-Friday!
Stop with the gimmicks.
Resolve your dog's leash reactivity so you can get your walks back.